International Banking Client
Office Status: Hybrid
Salary: $190,000 – $220,000
- Define the scope of and execute assurance work over Wholesale Credit Risk audits regionally and globally, as required.
- Working closely with the global counterparts, assist in risk assessing the Credit Risk Audit entities under his/her specific responsibility.
- Remain current on any changes to Nomura’s risk profile through continuously monitoring the assigned area of responsibility and establishing close contact with key risk stakeholders. This includes a quarterly formal report that opines on (1) Changes to the Audit Universe; (2) Changes to underlying risk assessments, and; (3) Changes to the Audit Plan.
- Stay actively engaged in all phases of the risk audit, from agreeing the audit plan to approving testing plans, completing and reviewing work-papers, producing draft reports and monitoring budgets and deadlines.
- Participate in other functional audits such as market, credit, liquidity and operational risks.
- Work with the Credit Risk Audit team to define an appropriate engagement model on individual product audits – the front to back reviews for a particular business line.
- Ensure all audit work is executed in accordance with Departmental Audit Methodology and documentation standards. Ensure that each audit is completed within budget (time and effort).
- Be responsible for effective follow up and verifying raised in reports are closed.
- Carry out special projects, ad hoc investigations and advisory work, keeping the Head of Risk Audit up to date on all key findings and emerging issues.
- Developing and implementing data analytics and automated testing to identify internal control weaknesses during internal audit reviews and continuous auditing