- Oversee the branch wide Enhanced Due Diligence program.
- Monitor the implementation and assist the KYC Manager with the continuous enhancements to the EDD program.
- Manage KYC EDD Team staffs to perform EDD holistic reviews on all high risk customers, including foreign correspondent banks and corporates.
- Manage and provide recommendations to the EDD review framework to help ensure that the process is equipped with appropriate level of checks.
- Perform quality control reviews of EDD holistic reviews to assess the completeness and quality of KYC EDD documentation, high risk factors, transaction analysis, negative news dispositions, and risk mitigation for high risk customers and to ensure all requirements of an EDD review are complete and satisfactory according to the Branch’s procedures.
- Escalate any red flags or recommendations to Compliance Management for further action.
- Performing additional compliance-related tasks as required by the KYC Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education.
- 5-7 years of EDD and Transaction Monitoring related working experience with minimum 1 year of management experience.
- Working experience with correspondent banking due diligence and transaction review is a must.
- Working experience from large U.S. or foreign banks is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of KYC, EDD and AML to apply judgment in the identification and escalation of key BSA/AML/OFAC risks.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence as well as respond to questions from other departments.
- Excellent problem solving, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to complete cases under time-sensitive deadlines.
- Great team player and self-starter.