Apply for the VP, Market Risk Strategic Initiatives Specialist position
"*" indicates required fields
Office Status: Hybrid
Salary: $142,000 – $176,000
- Establish / maintain thresholds, at-risk levels, and exposure limits.
- Prepare periodic reporting to analyze positions, compare to thresholds, and ensure compliance.
- Work with business unit to optimize risk / return, remediate and avoid exceptions, and identify root causes of non-compliance and variances to expected performance.
- Using existing risk models and guidelines, work with business unit to establish operational procedures, monitor compliance.
- Identify necessary changes to both risk models and operating procedures.
- Rationalize and optimize both transaction level controls and policies.
- Evaluate and approve exceptions according to clip levels.
- Ensure business partners are aware of their risk responsibilities (operational, market, credit, etc.) and provide knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Evaluate new products and customer classes to ensure adherence to policies and procedures.
- Test transactions for compliance with established policies.
- Assist in compliance, financial and regulatory examinations / audits.
- Build your market perspective through relationships with market counterparties.
- Facilitate relationships with units such as treasury and client-facing functions to better understand the risks in their businesses and the instruments they handle.
- Improve workflows and data gathering / sharing through relationships with units such as finance, compliance, legal and IT.
- Network within the industry through meetings, events, and involvement with trade organizations to better understand emerging risk trends and the products and clients of your business unit.
- Establish relationships with auditors and regulators to better understand their concerns and reduce potential compliance issues.
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of your business area to streamline workflows and design relevant controls / thresholds and analysis.
- Have a solid understanding of risk frameworks, principles, types, and exposures to create meaningful exception reporting including analysis of risk / reward.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of modeling and analytical skills to create meaningful measurement and reporting on key risk exposures.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of information technology to better gather, manage and monitor key data sets.
- Use a working knowledge of finance and accounting to help quantify impact analysis and create meaningful thresholds, policies, and procedures.
- Be familiar with financial services trends and emerging issues to update risk processes and avoid exceptions.
- Apply a basic understanding of financial crimes, securities and other laws and regulations to create policies, procedures and reporting that reduce regulatory risk.
- Communicate analytical data effectively