VP Origination; US & European Corporate Lending
Our client; a French Global Bank, is seeking a VP Originations to manage and grow a diversified portfolio of relationships consisting of multinational corporations:
1.US corporations with interests in Europe that are customers or prospects of the Bank in France and of its foreign affiliates
2.Large European corporations with operations in North America
- Marketing To:
- US Corporations: senior and financial management
- US Transactions: agent banks and syndication desks
- European Corporations: senior and financial management of the US subsidiaries as well as the European parents
Ability to develop and constantly maintain a network of contacts both with external banks and accounts officers of the Bank in France and abroad, including foreign branches of in Europe and Asia, in order to be invited in new transactions or to get leads about prospective customers.
Monitor various market sources of information to keep abreast of new transactions, market, credit, industry and competitor trends
Ability to identify and execute cross selling opportunities within the Bank Group
Expertise in negotiating agreements, pricing, collateral and covenants, adapting them as market and the financial conditions of customers change. This includes the ability to decline operations because of their unsatisfactory risk/reward profile without jeopardizing relationship.
- Credit Related
Thorough credit assessment and preparation of comprehensive credit applications that include:
- Review of customers and prospects’ competitive environment, market risks, cyclicality, product evolution...
- Analysis of historical financial statements as well as creation of computer-based forecasting models and sensitivity analysis
- Analysis of technical risks in complex financial/legal structures
- Ongoing monitoring of risk profiles including compliance with covenants and facility terms
- Presentation to NY Credit Committee of new deals and review of existing facilities.
- Interface with management and credit department at the Bank in Paris answering their questions about Credit Applications.
c Legal and Regulation
According to both US and French law and regulations:
- Negotiation with direct customers of bilateral legal credit agreements.
- Negotiation of collateral and covenants, updating them according to changing market and risk conditions
- Review of the legal documentation of syndicated transactions, checking for conformity with the approved credit application as well as for unacceptable clauses.
- Review and monitor customer profiles ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations such as KYC, EDD, BSA/AML, US Patriot Act, FATCA...
Marketing and negotiating skills with at least 10 years’ experience managing US and International large and medium-sized customers
- Bachelors Degree Required; MBA a Plus
Strong credit analysis background.
Experience analyzing US and European financial statements
In-depth knowledge of US and European syndication markets including legal structures and documentation
Fluency in French and English
Ability to effectively represent the institution in the community.