Apply for the VP, Portfolio Manager – Corporate Banking position
"*" indicates required fields
Office Status: Hybrid
Salary: Up to $170,000
- Conduct account portfolio monitoring, identify emerging risks and provide risk analysis together with RM if there is any account level risk monitoring metrics breach;
- Keep senior management and Relationship Manager abreast with the latest economic and market updates, and provide the prospective of economy, market environment, and emerging risks that can potentially impact CBD’s portfolio optimization and business strategy. Compile the CBD account level portfolio analysis on at least a monthly basis (or more frequently upon the identification of an emerging trend of credit deterioration);
- Monitoring DOX/GCMS covenant compliance reporting requirements implementation and report past due to RM team and CBD management;
- Maintain the account level portfolio monitoring metrics and thresholds.
- Monitor CBD workflow, monitor key risk indicators and other business indicators and produce periodic portfolio overview and analysis;
- Proactively identify early warning signs of deterioration of risk;
- Discuss, propose and oversee risk mitigation and risk reduction strategies in collaboration with Relationship Managers, Team Leaders, the CBD management and credit risk partners;
- Maintain portfolio to adhere to applicable credit policies and compliance requirements and provide portfolio management reporting;
- Act as the key interface with the CMD and the CAD and all other internal stakeholders for all portfolio related work streams;
- Propose portfolio monitoring metrics (including both quantitative and qualitative monitoring indicators) and thresholds for business portfolio credit risk monitoring;
- Conduct monthly and quarterly portfolio analytics and monitoring to assess credit concentrations, trends and performance across various credit risk dimensions such as credit rating, industries/sectors, geographies, product and structures, participations, credit policy exceptions, and covenant exceptions. Identify any breach or trigger, and any trends indicating a deterioration in asset quality, increase in credit risk (both inherent and residual), or any new emerging risk. Compile the monthly and quarterly business portfolio level portfolio monitoring reviews and reports;
- Prepare breach analysis with root cause, impact analysis and remediation actions, and report to CBD management and DGM in-charge for approval;
- Support RM on managing special assets in accordance with the guidance of Credit Management Department;
- Maintain policies and procedures related to portfolio management within the department policy and procedure;
- Coordinate with RM and Syndication team to monitor and track the progress of portfolio management actions or loan sale on the secondary market;
- Compile CBD Quarterly Review and send to CBD management and DGM in-charge;
- Act as the data steward and participate data governance management on behalf of CBD. Responsible for the data quality produced through CBD’s processes, systems, and applications. Monitor CBD’s data quality, assist to solve data issues.
- Work with RM teams and take the leading role in CBD Strategic Plan update to align with Branch Strategic Plan;
- Maintain CBD policies and procedures and update at least annually;
- Maintain CBD Reporting Guideline and update when necessary.
- Be familiar and comply with the applicable regulatory and Branch’s policies and procedures etc.;
- Act as risk manager with the responsibility for identifying, acting on and escalating risks and PMs are held strictly accountable for the failure to discharge risk management duties;
- Be responsible for demonstrating risk awareness by following all policies, procedures, and internal control in their daily routine;
- Demonstrate risk culture awareness in daily activities;
- Coordinate with business teams and departments from 2nd LoD to improve regulatory Call reports accuracy in the bank;
- Other ad-hoc tasks assigned by Team Leader and CBD management.