This position focuses on the pre-screening, loan sizing, and structuring of Corporate and Industrial (C&I) transactions. He/she will report to SVP, Head of C&I Portfolio Management/Underwriting
- Assist the Relationship Managers (“RMs”) in prescreening transactions and structuring term sheets.
- Prepare CAP A for Credit Committee and work with the credit analysis team to handle inquiries and approval process.
- Facilitate the flow of loan closing documents.
- Execute and manage all portfolio monitoring tasks: covenants, variance reports, taxes, insurance policy, borrowing base, dashboard report monitoring (maturities, past due, insurance, overdrafts), etc.
- Identify and communicate portfolio issues/areas of concern and implement control mechanisms to ensure portfolio health.
- Assist RMs with all customer related requirements.
- Prepare annual reviews.
- Early identification of risk and potential risk rating changes.
- Attend site inspections and client meetings with RMs.
- Primarily responsible for taking action to ensure the timely and accurate completion of underwriting of new prospects, amendments to the approved credit application, annual renewals/reviews, and increases
- Determine the necessary financial information requirements to be obtained from prospects/borrowers and 3rd parties, including but not limited to market information, borrowing entity and structure, personal and corporate financial statements, borrowing bases, accounts receivable agings, as well as other due diligence items
- Support the new business and origination functions of the C&I lending teams by pre-screening transactions for general fit with bank’s profile and request additional information to assess the credit profile. Utilize analytical programs and industry expertise in this function.
- Work with the lending team to identify and mitigate risks, and assist with structuring credit requests (i.e. financial covenants, term, guarantors, etc.) keeping the interests of both customer and bank in mind. Protect the Bank by providing unbiased and objective view of the prospective borrower
- Perform borrower financial analysis through review of provided financial information to determine borrower financial/operating condition and develop cash flow analysis. Specific focus on collateral analysis, projected financial results, excess availability analysis and variance reports on credits with borrowing base and asset coverage structures.
- Develop financial models to best analyze transactions, stress scenarios, and projections