Global Investment Banking Client
Office Status: Hybrid
Global investment bank that is aggressively expanding all US operations due to growth and high performance is seeking a VP within their newly developing Product Controllers group. They just reached a new capital threshold and are launching brand new finance teams to support their capital markets/investment bank.
This is not a traditional team that has been around for 20+ years with 15 people on it, this group is in startup mode and are looking for a VP to oversee a team, help build it out and work directly with the traders.
- This product control team is covering their fixed income and derivatives desk. Again, this is not a traditional mundane accounting role, the VP will oversee the production of:
- Risk Analysis
- Daily P&L validation
- Independent Price Verification (IPV) of rates, vols, spreads, and price-based products
- More Specifically:
- Manage the team responsible for daily trading and clean P&L validation, explanation, and reporting. Clean P&L is used for Value-at-risk (VaR) backtesting under the capital rules applicable to Bank Holding Companies per the Federal Reserve, Swap Dealers per the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, and Fundamental Review of the Trading Book per the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision.
- Lead the independent price verification of securities and derivatives, including inflation-linked swaps, total return swaps, interest rate options (caps, floors, swaptions), credit derivatives, and fx options across G10 and Emerging Market (EM) currencies.
- Assist with transformation efforts to modernize the company’s financial infrastructure.
- Monitor trading activity for ad-hoc valuations and trade reserves.
- Document policies and procedures.