Responsible for the oversight and execution of the Quality Assurance Program. This role is responsible for the oversight of the Quality Assurance team, conducting quality assurance reviews, as well as proactively identifying gaps and making recommendations to enhance the program and quality assurance methodology. Additionally, the role will be heavily interacting with respective coverage areas and reporting and advising on process enhancements, policy/procedure revisions, and training needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop, executes, and maintains the Quality Assurance Program
• Oversees the QA team ensuring timely execution of testing and reporting of QA results
• Identifies, in conjunction with the QA team, findings, exceptions, or issues for reporting and further escalation.
• Communicates to relevant stakeholders results of QA work on a timely basis
• Provides reporting to Compliance management on quality assurance results, including noted deficiencies, process gaps and enhancements, and potential risk issues.
• Creates a feedback loop to Compliance by developing trend reporting on quality assurance and control monitoring and implementing formal mechanisms for follow up on deficiencies noted in results.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
• 5 years of quality assurance experience in the Compliance department of a similarly positioned bank or broker dealer, or equivalent experience
• Strong practical knowledge of laws applicable to money laundering, including BSA, USA PATRIOT Act, US Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements and suspicious activity reporting
• Working knowledge of regulatory requirements (i.e., FINRA, SEC, CFTC, Fed, etc.) with respect to Broker-Dealer and banking activities
• Strong management skills
• Excellent time management skills and ability to execute tasks within tight deadlines.
• Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with colleagues across regions and business units.
• Be able to critically review closure rationale to determine if the resolution was appropriate and appropriately documented.
• Be able to identify solutions for recurring issues identified during the QA process.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment.