Office Status: Hybrid
Our International Banking Client is seeking an experienced attorney to join the Regulatory Unit of the Legal Department in New York. The attorney will assist in advising management, front office and administrative staff on the interpretation and application of rules and regulations applicable to US operations and the international entities, particularly U.S. banking regulations (e.g., the Bank Holding Company Act, the Volcker Rule, the Enhanced Prudential Standards) and applicable U.S. securities regulations. The attorney will work closely and collaboratively with other Units of the Legal Department and members of the Compliance, Risk and Finance Departments. Knowledge of sanctions, anti-corruption, and anti-money laundering rules and regulations is helpful, but not required, though the attorney should be willing to learn these rules and regulations.
The Legal Department is composed of experienced attorneys and associated colleagues working within five separate Units each reporting to the General Counsel-Americas, as follows: (1) Capital Markets; (2) Commercial Lending; (3) Regulatory; (4) Litigation and (5) Cross-Border. Together, these five Units support the various business lines of the bank and its affiliates. The Legal Department operates in a collegial and collaborative environment, and advises and supports internal business clients on transactions, risk management, litigation, and compliance-related issues, among other things. The Legal Department also advises and disseminates information on recently-implemented laws, rules and regulations that may affect internal clients and their business or product lines.
- Provide regulatory advice and analysis to management and business lines on the permissibility and appropriateness under U.S. banking laws and other regulations of proposed activities, transactions and investments.
- Provide advice and support to Compliance, Risk and Finance Department on application of laws and regulations.
- Assist in the preparation of regulatory filings.
- Provide advice on sanctions, ABC and AML rules and regulations to business lines on the impact of such rules on various transactions.
- Provide support to Regulatory Unit attorneys in accordance with needs and under supervision of senior department attorneys.
- Monitor and report on regulatory and other relevant developments.
- Assist in preparation of materials for presentations to management, front office and administrative staff.
- Assist in preparation and distribution of monthly updates to management committee.
- Minimum 4-5 years
- U.S. Banking Regulations, including BHCA, Volcker Rule and EPS
- Securities laws, DFA, general contract law, sanctions, ABC, AML
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex rules and regulations, ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.