The Regulatory Change Management team seeks a Vice President to take a leading role in the ongoing establishment and management of the Framework. This newly created role will report to the Head of Regulatory Change Management and assist in all aspects of the Framework, whether analytical, team management or technology.
- Oversight and management of the continued deployment and execution of the Regulatory Change Management Framework (the “framework”) for US Operations by the team of regulatory subject matter experts, to ensure :
- The timely review and initial analysis of the regulatory change issued by various regulatory authorities (e.g. legislative bodies; departments; administrative agencies; and self-regulatory organizations) in order to determine applicability and potential impact to the activities of US Operations;
- The articulation of the rationale for applicability and potential impact, is accurate and suitable for review by internal stakeholders, and for external regulatory scrutiny.
- Timely and effective communication with internal stakeholders to confirm analysis and develop further understanding of the impact a given regulatory change may have on activities of the firm;
- Continued awareness of new and key regulatory developments, to include development of educational material and technical briefs as and when required; and support the mobilization of resources and initiation of regulatory projects as appropriate
- Ongoing support of regulatory projects through provision of regulatory subject matter expertise, and other activities as appropriate.
- Provide training and coaching, as appropriate, to ensure continued development of required analytical and technical skills of the regulatory subject matter experts.
- Lead the development and production of data analytics, metrics intelligence and management information required to ensure appropriate internal and external reporting, and oversight of the work performed.
- Lead the ongoing development and maintenance of the centralized IT solution and repository for regulatory change management, its underlying taxonomy and methodology.
- Support the Head of Regulatory Change Management in establishment of the governance process around the Framework, including setting the agenda for governance meetings.
- Assist the Head of Regulatory Change Management, in key strategic initiatives, as and when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and may hold an advanced or specialized degree or professional qualification (e.g. CPA, CA, CFA, etc.) relevant to the profession.
- A sound understanding of the regulatory framework in the United States, especially as it applies to broker-dealers, futures commission merchants, registered investment advisers, swap dealers, and / or security-based swap dealers, and banks.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience, with either significant experience in working on implementation of rules, regulations or guidance, OR experience in a supervisory or audit capacity, focusing on financial services.
- Understanding of large financial institutions, and their functions, to include Risk Management, Treasury, Compliance, Legal and Operations.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of banking and financial products, including loans, underwriting business, securities markets, futures and derivatives, etc.
- Experience in using ARCHER would be desirable, or at minimum, genuine interest in learning and taking ownership for a Technology solution.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish collaborative relationships within Risk and all of our key stakeholders in other functions.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking and attention to detail. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to accommodate a diverse portfolio of work, and a proven record of successfully managing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.