The AVP/VP of Data Assurance Team has business and data analytical skills as well as a knowledge of regulatory, and/or management and risk reporting requirements covering the key products offered across the Branch. The candidate will provide comfort over the end-to-end completeness and accuracy of the work performed for regulatory, and/or management and risk reporting. To achieve this objective, the candidate will conduct independent reviews based on current DAV process and methodology with a focus on the quality control, reporting processes, and ensure compliance with regulatory guidance and centralized data governance. The candidate will help on improvement of the functional requirements for design testing, performance transaction review, test data, development independent validation plans, and implement the firms’ regulatory, risk, and management reporting validation framework. The candidate performs a control function and should have a broad experience of working in regulatory reporting (e.g. Call Report/FFIEC 002, 019, FR 2644, etc.), preferably in a policy or consultancy function.
- Identify relevant regulatory guidance for a particular disclosure and form their own interpretation of compliance, including challenging internal policy and control process where necessary
- Review business requirements for compliance against relevant regulation and substantive testing of those requirements to ensure implementation is correct
- Review of existing framework, including manual adjustments and processes and procedures
- Focus on control environment and monitoring / driving process efficiency, including challenge of operating model
- Perform end to end transaction level data testing and population control, leveraging firm-wide processes and developing reconciliations
- Writing detailed reports for senior management of findings, including background into the requirements and recommendations on resolution
- Developing network and acting as key contact within the QA team with other areas, such as Accounting, Risk Management, Compliance, Credit Risk, BSA/AML, etc.
Required Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Experience and knowledge of Federal regulatory reports (e.g. Call Report/FFIEC 002, 019, FR 2644, etc.)
- Knowledge of the banking, capital markets operations and data analysis
- Mathematical skills with an understanding of data quality metrics, data infrastructure, metadata repositories (including data dictionaries), and attention to details
- Independent worker, accountable and skilled in exercising sound judgment and decisiveness under pressure
- Knowledgeable of risk data aggregation (RDA) and risk reporting management and associated regulatory requirements (BCBS 239) are required
- Strong interpersonal, team-working and organizational communication skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Access) and risk management tools is preferred
- Good command of spoken and written English and Mandarin (preferred)
- BS/BA in Quantitative discipline or advanced technical degree in finance, accounting, audit, mathematics, or related fields.
- Industry certifications preferred (e.g., CPA, CFA, CIA, FRM)
- 3 years of experience working in data related quality assurance
- Experience at a foreign bank organization preferred