EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
Compliance is now seeking an assistant vice president or vice president within the research business line compliance function. The primary function of the role is to maintain, under the complex regulatory regimes, the integrity of research independence, adequate controls for conflicts of interest and other relevant controls for the research business. The role will require a solid understanding of the rules and regulations pertaining to securities research reports, research analysts, investment advisers, and conducting control and risk assessments on relevant risk types in the research and sales business.
The research compliance business line compliance function is a fast-paced role with extensive exposure to research, investment banking and markets businesses while requiring a high level of responsibility, knowledge and attention to detail.
• Advising the business on the regulatory and compliance implications of research and equity sales business activities
• Partnering with key stakeholders such as legal, business selection & conflicts office, compliance and other internal functions to identify and mitigate potential conflicts of interest
• Working with audit (internal + external), compliance testing, and quality assurance teams to identify and mitigate potential control issues
• Assisting the business in developing level 1 business line control frameworks in response to potential regulatory and policy gaps/breaches
• Collaborating with the control risk assessment team to perform the annual compliance risk assessment
• Working with the policies & communications function to identify policies or processes which require modification or implementation to achieve compliance with regulatory and firm requirements and to develop and distribute new or modified policies, procedures, or compliance alerts to generate awareness of regulatory developments and policy or procedural impacts
• Bachelor’s degree required; JD a plus
• You will have extensive relevant industry exposure or professional experience, with relevant experience in a research compliance role
• Knowledge/background in research products and/or investment banking; control room experience is a plus
• Knowledge/experience with financial markets and an array of financial products (including stocks, bonds, equity/credit derivatives)
• Understanding of basic securities laws relating to research and insider trading rules