EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
- Support the new business and origination functions of the Corporate and Industrial (C&I) lending teams by pre-screening transactions for general fit and request additional information to assess the credit profile of a particular borrower. Utilize analytical programs and industry expertise in this function.
- Commence the underwriting process by determining the necessary financial information requirements to be obtained from prospects/borrowers and 3rd parties, including but not limited to market information, borrowing entity and structure, personal and corporate financial statements, borrowing bases, accounts receivable agings, as well as other due diligence items. Ability to analyze and prepare stress test scenarios. Prepare credit approval memo (CAP).
- Primary responsible for taking action to ensure the timely and accurate completion of underwriting of new prospects and existing borrowers, amendments to the approved CAP.
- Prepare financial spreads in Moody’s CreditLens. and evaluate/assign proper borrower and facility risk ratings by completing all required risk rating models and analysis.
- Perform borrower financial analysis through review of provided financial information to determine borrower financial/operating condition and develop cash flow analysis. Specific focus on collateral analysis, projected financial results, excess availability analysis and variance reports on credits with borrowing base and asset coverage structures.
- Ability to analyze cash flow (unsecured) credit structures including Highly Leveraged Transactions (HLTs) utilizing Discounted Cash Flow (DCF), Enterprise Valuation (EV), etc.
- Perform guarantor financial analysis through review of personal financial information including personal financial statements, tax returns, real estate owned schedules, and liquidity statements to determine financial strength of the guarantor.
- Review and analyze all third party reports and include findings in the analysis of financial condition of the borrower or guarantor.
- Work with the lending team to identify and mitigate risks, and assist with structuring credit requests (i.e. financial covenants, term, guarantors, etc.) keeping the interests of both customer and bank in mind. Protect the Bank by providing unbiased and objective view of the prospective borrower.
- Develop financial models to best analyze transactions, stress scenarios, and projections
- Primary responsible and accountable to review third party reports, address issues and challenge findings with vendors when appropriate, encourage third parties to deliver on time.
- Maintain current knowledge of changes in regulatory environment and leading industry practices by monitoring news and other industry sources of information
- Attend Credit Committee meetings for presentation of credit approval memos
- Advanced credit and financial analysis skills
- Comprehension of complex transactions, loan documentation and deal structure
- Strong credit and cash flow analysis skills with complex, structured transactions, due diligence proficiency and detail orientation
- Strong understanding of KYC and compliance policies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to exercise independent action and moderate decision making with properly documented risk mitigation applied
- Task oriented with attention to detail and ability to meet time sensitive deadlines
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience underwriting of corporate credits with simple and complex structures
- Strong understanding of complex C&I loan products and structures including syndicated and highly leveraged transactions (involving LBOs, DCF, EV, etc.)
- Tech/SaaS underwriting experience, a plus
- Moody’s CreditLens andRiskCalc, experience desired.
- Completion of formal credit analysis training, desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting Economics. MBA desirable