- Lead deal team to evaluate new transactions, pre-screen transactions, conduct due diligence,
prepare credit approval memos on transactions that are green-lighted in the pre-screen process,
pitch transactions to credit committee in order to obtain credit approval, negotiate and review
legal documentation as needed, and participate in deal closing.
- Analyze financial statements and capital structures, conduct business/industry/competitor
analysis to identify transaction risks and mitigates; recommend transaction structures
appropriate to the opportunity; provide a yes/no recommendation on the transaction based on
- Manage assigned portfolio accounts – monitor performance and covenant compliance, prepare
trend cards and periodic/annual reviews, process amendments and waiver requests in a timely
manner to meet customer expectations, provide performance updates to managers, identify
and act on warning signals, participate in portfolio reviews as needed.
- Maintain familiarity with policies, procedures, and underwriting standards.
- Interface with other parts of the EF business, such as Asset Management, Legal, Operations,
Insurance, Environmental, as well as other departments such as Capital Markets, Corporate Risk
Management, Compliance, Problem Loan Management, Loan & Risk Review, and Internal Audit.
- Interface with customers (including brokers and intermediaries), as needed, to complete
diligence process, as well as to assist the relationship management efforts of the Originators.
- Mentor and train junior resources (Analysts, Associates, AVPs) for the business.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in finance or accounting preferred. MBA/CFA a plus.
- Experience of Equipment Financing deals, equipment collateral, lease products and leasing
structures, is required.
- 5+ years of experience as a senior underwriter in the commercial lending industry with direct
experience of leading the underwriting and execution effort on large equipment and/or senior
- Must have a solid understanding of financial statements and capital structures, modeling &
strong analytical skills with an ability to question assumptions.
- Experience with structuring transactions, leading deal teams, and negotiating documentation.