Major bank is seeking a senior credit officer to underwrite transactions from $5MM-$50MM in size. Equipment will include, construction, transportation, aerospace, marine.
• Lead team to evaluate new transactions, conduct due diligence, prepare credit approval memos, pitch transactions to credit committee, negotiate and review legal documentation, and participate in deal closing.
• Analyze financial statements and capital structures, conduct industry analysis, recommend transaction structures, provide a recommendation on transactions based on due diligence.
• Manage assigned portfolio accounts
• Maintain familiarity with policies, procedures, and standards.
• Interface with other parts of the business, such as Asset Management, Legal, Operations, Insurance, Environmental, Capital Markets, Corporate Risk Management, Compliance, Problem Loan Management, Loan & Risk Review, and Internal Audit.
• Interface with customers
• Mentor and train junior resources
• Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in finance or accounting preferred. MBA/CFA a plus.
• Experience of Equipment Financing deals, equipment collateral, lease products and leasing structures, is required.
• 7-10 years of credit experience
• Formal credit training experience preferred
• Experience with structuring transactions, leading deal teams, and negotiating documentation.