Office Status: Hybrid
The VP – Valuation Control will report to the First Line Risk Director within Commercial Banking and is a
new role. The incumbent will play a critical role and have several key responsibilities in
supporting Valuation in the Commercial Markets first line of defense oversight mandate. The Valuation
Control (Product Control Manager) is a ground floor opportunity to assist in the build out of a group in a
growth environment within the Derivatives team.
- Execute a price verification/benchmark process including the calculation of fair value
- Work with Trading, Middle Office, Finance and Model Risk to continually monitor the various
valuation risks of the business and implement appropriate adjustments.
- Perform analysis of Markets, P&L, & Risk daily with understanding of the factors that drive the
- Enhance existing control framework including reviewing independent pricing processes, assessing potential coverage developments, and implementing new tools to enhance control efficiency
- Possess a minimum 3 years’ experience in product/valuation control with specific knowledge of
derivatives valuation (FX, Rates, & Commodities).
- Demonstrated knowledge of option pricing and risk sensitivities
- Familiarity with pricing models/methods for financial instruments, with a focus on derivatives
- Ability to understand complex products, and analyze transaction and process flows
- Analytical and quantitative aptitude and ability to explain complex concepts
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills with experience in Visual Basic, automation and database
- Propensity to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently.
- Bachelors Degree required in Economics, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Masters Degree is a plus