Office Status: Hybrid
A well-known Australian Bank is looking for a Financial Controller for its US Branch. The firm manages nearly $900 billion in assets and specializes in consumer banking, corporate banking, investment management, private equity and credit cards. They’re known to have a great working culture in all offices. The team based in the US/NYC is relatively new and they’re focused on building out an accounting group starting with the Controller.
The Controller will oversee all financial reporting, broker dealer accounting FP&A for the US business. The CFO is looking for someone who has leadership qualities and can assist in strategic decision making and planning.
- Serving as the local finance representative and supporting the local leadership team in achieving business financial objectives
- Overseeing financial planning and analysis for Americas region
- Timely and accurate submission of regulatory returns to U.S. and Cayman regulators
- Ensuring the maintenance of an effective control environment over financial reporting and maintenance of U.S. books and records
- Accounting operations including vendor payments and expense management
- Forecasting and planning for Other cost centers
- Managing the relationship with the broker-dealer FINOP and auditors
- Team management
- 5-10 years with both public accounting and hands on controllership experience from another bank or broker dealer
- CPA is a plus