EXTERNAL CLIENT ROLE
Reviews and/or conducts financial, operational, branch, regulatory compliance and information system audits for management to assess effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of operations by performing the following duties.
The Audit Manager is responsible for managing internal audit team. The overall objective of this role is to develop and execute a bank Audit Plan and direct complex audit activities. Responsible for managing the audit team and provides compliance audit coverage of the compliance risk management framework, and consumer laws, rules, and regulations. This role requires a knowledge of and familiarity with the regulatory environment of a large complex financial institution.
- Develops and executes a bank-wide Audit Plan, for assigned entities in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Bank policies.
- Directs complex audit activities and serves as lead reviewer for a variety of areas as assigned by the Chief Auditor per the audit plan.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports and performs Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation as needed.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology. Closely follows latest trends in banking and adapts them for application within own job and the business.
- Manages a team of Internal Audit professionals. Recruits staff, develops talent, builds effective teams, and manages a budget. Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high-risk areas including: consumer banking, regulatory compliance, technology management, and project/program management.
- Leads the professional development of Internal Audit staff.
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, and exhibits initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues.
- Analyzes reporting findings; recommends appropriate interventions where needed.
- Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related business field
- At least 5 years of experience in either external or internal audit in a financial services/banking environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Candidate is required to possess one or more of the following credentials in good standing: CIA, CPA, or CISA