Apply for the Chief Risk Officer position
"*" indicates required fields
Office Status: Hybrid
Salary: Up to $250,000
- Establishes and maintains the risk management framework, organization and environment that exercises review and challenge and has sufficient stature, authority, access and resources to reflect best practices and meets both business and regulatory requirements for appropriate risk structure.
- Involvement in setting risk appetite for LF, establishing risk measures and limits in alignment with the stated risk tolerances for the various business lines relative to individual and aggregate risk tolerances, ensuring that the business strategy is consistent with such risk appetite, and monitoring the measures and limits to maintain such consistency.
- Defines and develops risk categories, identification methodologies, policies, frameworks, and strike zones to ensure full compliance with all relevant regulations.
- Builds and manages the risk management infrastructure (e.g. Data, Models, Methodology) to ensure risk management capture and reporting.
- Maintains and develops an appropriately skilled and cohesive team by developing, motivating, and retaining top talent who are committed to the team’s success and actively collaborating to achieve risk manager objectives.
- Oversees ongoing risk assessment to identify new and emerging risks.
- Appropriately escalates all risk related matters in a timely manner to Senior Management, the relevant governance committees and the U.S. CRO.
- Ensures LF offices, in all locations where LF is active, adhere to risk management standards which meet both local and U.S. risk requirements.
- Oversees asset and portfolio management for the purpose of managing risks in conjunction with internal and external policies and appropriate to current and developing risks.
- Assesses the risk of all lease transactions, repayment risk, and provides a 2nd LOD review and challenge with the ability to approve/veto transactions.
- Maintains independent decision authority as second Line of Defense regarding potential new transactions and changes in existing customers’ obligor grades.
- Conducts continuous monitoring of obligors for covenant compliance, adverse developments (market or customer) which may impact customers’ credit profile. Provide appropriate alerts within LF as required to keep all information of emerging events. From time-to-time may need to provide hands-on application preparation.
- Ensures the funding structure is within interest rate risk and liquidity risk parameters.
- Participates along with the LF Head of Operations and LF Head if Finance in the evaluation and determination of loss reserves, including the assessment of probability of default and loss given default parameters, and in Americas Credit Committee and Allowance Subcommittee.
- Initiates and runs periodic Investment Committee meetings which review LF’s entire portfolio composition and performance relative to established risk tolerances and ensure required decisioning is executed and implemented timely.
- Discusses and resolves day-to-day transactional issues, provide oversight and guidance in the preparation of new and renewal credit applications, and monitor compliance of existing lease terms and requirements with established LF policies and procedures. Periodically provide direct application preparation.
- Oversees KYC review preparation.
- Analyses risks associated with new products and business lines and evaluates the costs, benefits, and risks of each new product offered, and makes specific recommendations thereto.